Everything You Need to Know About AAA Passport Photos
AAA passport photos are available to members and non-members who need these pictures taken. Travelers who would like to apply for a passport need to obtain their images before they submit their requests. Without photos that meet the federal government’s requirements, travelers are unable to file their US passport application. Therefore, it is important that all prospective applicants obtain their pictures before they plan on formally applying.
AAA passport photo services are available at branch offices. You can find one near you by searching for this information online. You can also call the organization’s number and ask about facilities you can visit in your community. Once you have this information, you can take the steps necessary to request AAA passport pictures you can use.
Do I have to be a member to request AAA passport services?
You do not need to be a member to request AAA passport photos in one of the organization’s offices. However, there are distinct discounts if you are a requestor who has an active AAA account. Depending on the membership plan you have, you may be able to obtain your passport photos for a free or reduced price. In any case, if you are a non-member, you have the opportunity to request passport services at AAA facilities as well.
Do all AAA passport photos meet federal guidelines?
One of the AAA passport services available at these offices includes taking applicants’ photos. With this option, agency representatives take individuals’ pictures. Then, customers can submit these images alongside their passport applications. AAA workers are responsible for ensuring that the photos are:
- 2x2 inches in size.
- Printed on matte or glossy paper.
- In perfect condition and have no rips, tears or other blemishes.
- Printed with a background that is off-white or white.
On the other hand, you need to be sure that you are properly positioned and posed for your picture. Federal passport photo rules state that your image needs to meet the following requirements:
- You are directly facing the camera. The federal government will reject your photo if the image depicts you facing the camera at an angle.
- You cannot make a silly face. In your AAA passport photo, you must have a neutral expression or a relaxed smile on your face.
- Your clothes must be what you wear daily. You are responsible for ensuring that you are wearing your normal day clothes in your picture.
- You remove your glasses. Generally, you cannot wear glasses in your AAA passport pictures. However, if medical reasons prohibit you from removing your glasses, include a doctor’s note with your application that verifies this is true.
- Nothing is covering your head or face. You cannot wear a hat or other head covering in your passport photo. However, you may need to keep these items on for religious or medical reasons. If this is the case, submit an official note with your application that explains this.
AAA Passport Photo Cost
If you want to purchase cheap passport photos, AAA can be a good choice. This facility offers economical printing and photography options for members and non-members. However, expect to pay less if you are a member. For example, Basic members pay less than non-members, but Plus and Premier members save the most money. Currently, these individuals can obtain their AAA passport photos for free each year. Speak with an agent to learn what price you can expect to pay for these services.
Where can I print my AAA passport photos?
If you are wondering where to get passport photos printed, note that this service is available at AAA. Once an agent takes your photo, he or she can print it. However, remember that you are responsible for ensuring that your image meets all passport photo requirements. If the image is not correct, you may need to come back and obtain new pictures. It is usually easiest to confirm that your photos meet the guidelines before you leave the office.